Saturday, August 23, 2008

Beach Portraits: Vignettes

As in every family, there are fun stories and/or facts about the members of our family. While I was trying to get a good picture of all the girl cousins, I snapped this candid that I really like. Its not really a great quality photo, but it captures a story.

These girls are the first girl grandchildren in the family. And they were born nine months apart from each other(it was a busy two years in our family). The cousin on the left is the oldest. Nine months later my daughter (the one on the right) was born. Then nine months later,the blond in the middle arrived. Its been fun to watch them grow, dress them alike at Easter, etc. I look forward to lots of pictures of the three of them together as we watch them grow up.


This cousin, "B", was born right before my hubby and I got married. During the first years of our marriage, we lived near his family. As a result, I watched him grow up. Now that I have a son, I see so many similarities between the two of them. You may not see it so much in how they look (although they are obviously from the same genes), but the way my son acts just like his older cousin did amazes me.


This picture shows "B's" dad and older brother. While photographing all the kiddos, I glanced up to see these two standing next to each other. I swung my camera around to capture the like-father-like-son pose!

No comments: